DEHLIJ

Reetun Roy

Black and White Rainbows





Watching from a window-sill

Or from a cabin by the hills

the sky that once was painted blue

looks all white and grey 


Watching with a cup of coffee

Book in sight or maybe a keyboard

the pages that once were all filled with words

look like the end, a void


Rain that once went like a playful chime

Arc in the sky flashing every colour to exist 

Now the water from the heavens seem oh so sombre

While the monochrome rainbow weeps



.....



Stars Fall




Footsteps echo

So does the rain,

they echo into nothingness

I wonder as I listen, 

do the stars hear them too? 


I hear water drip down the ceiling,

hear the turn of a page,

hear a sigh of exasperation,

the sound of turning away.

I wonder,

do the stars do too?


In their never-ending constance 

in their infinite existence

I wonder if they see 

hear

feel

feel the cold, empty handshakes 

or a warm hug or two


Now I know they did

they always did, they always do.

The stars, they have eyes and ears

they just don't show 


They're watchers 

observers

a pin-drop silent audience


Now I know

how?

I just watched the stars fall

No comments